Why Buy this product?
- 100% Winter-active grass seed mix, that is specially developed for use at low soil temperature
- Germinates and grows in soil temperatures down to at least 5 degrees (other Perennial Ryegrasses require 8-12 degrees)
- Suitable for sowings 11-12 months a year (if soil temperature is 5 degrees +)
- Rapid to germinate and establish (even in cold conditions), extremely fast growing, high wear tolerance, drought tolerant, great all year-round colour and has a high resistance to disease.
- A perennial mix that will last forever unlike some competitor mixtures including annual ryegrass
- Fine leaved grasses unlike tetraploids and annual ryegrasses
- High endophyte level. The benefits of this are; stronger root growth, quicker establishment, resistant to insect attack, a bird deterrent and an overall stronger plant.
- Ideal for Autumn or Early spring renovations. Suitable for all heavy wear sports and hardwearing lawn/landscaping areas
- Colosseum was bred from the few surviving plants out of a test cricket pitch and temperatures down to -15 degrees. The surviving plants were crossed and resulted in a cultivar capable of withstanding extreme adverse conditions. It is used in many New Zealand stadiums including Wellington Park (Westpac Stadium)
- Double is a tetraploid variety with excellent disease and stres tolerance ,especially in winter
- If using on lawns, use our lawn seed growing guide for best results
Dougie Robertson, Head Groundsman, West Ham United "I used the Coldstart mix at a new training pitch at Rushgreen Training ground- in a very wet year and I was very pleased at the very quick growth and development’’
WINTER ACTIVE LAWNSEED
70% Colosseum Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass - WINTER ACTIVE
30% Double Tet Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass
We recommend sowing this seed at a rate of 35-70g per square metre